Laximo Web-services:OEM:Vehicle search
Vehicle search is one of the variants of how to begin the auto parts selection, as well as catalog search.
Includes the following functions:
- FindVehicleByVIN - vehicle search by the unique VIN code.
- FindVehicleByFrame, FindVehicleByFrameNo - vehicle search by the unique code and frame number (usually used for the Japanese car market).
- FindVehicle - vehicle search by VIN/Frame.
- GetWizard2 - displays a list of selectable parameters for FindVehicleByWizard2.
- GetWizardNextStep2 - step-by-step identification of the vehicle by parameters.
- GetVehicleInfo - displays information on a particular vehicle, such as Name, Modification, Year etc.
- ExecCustomOperation - alternative type of vehicle identification.
For your convenience, a search by VIN and Frame is available without preliminary catalog selection.
i.e. using cetain VIN / Frame, service can identify suitable catalog for this VIN / Frame.
It also possible that one and the same VIN is suitable for vehicles from different categories.
For example, one VIN number from catalogs for different regions may be applicable for two cars from one catalog (MMCJNKB409D008733 in MITSUBISHI Asia, differ from each other by year of manufacture).
Aspects of selection by parameters
One of the aspects of vehicle selection by parameters, is smaller amount of information that singles out a particular vehicle.
Thus, when examining available details that were selected by certain parameters, all the details that might be put in this vehicle will be shown, at least in one of their modifications.
Search by VIN/Frame for the same vehicle provides a higher accuracy, i.e. shows smaller number of suitable parts than in parameters selection.
Therefore, if your system has the Garage function, we do not recommend adding there cars selected by parameters.
When displaying information on a vehicle, names of the available attributes (columns) are displayed in a localized form.
Attributes are assembled in a set for each localization. This allows you to not concentrate your attention on localization and to not specify: which columns to show and which ones to hide from the client.
We recommend you to use this mode as it will display all localized columns that are available for this localization.